5.18.2009

Sunday's Game 7s...

I'm very satisfied with outcomes of yesterday's games. My second-least favorite team in the league, the Boston Celtics, are out of the playoffs. The Cavs are still in, which is saddening, but which ever team comes out of the West, they'll lose to.

I missed the beginning of the Lakers-Rockets game, because I was out getting these:


and some prom stuff...By the time I got home, it was halfway through the second quarter, and the game was already out of hand. It was a blowout throughout, and Pau Gasol went to work! With Yao out, the Rockets had no answer for the Lakers' size and strength inside, and the overall quickness of the team is going to make beating them tough for their upcoming opponent, the Denver Nuggets.


The Celtics-Magic series was a real snoozer, and I decided only to watch the fourth quarter of this game. When I tuned in, the Magic were up 9, and started building on their lead. Soon enough, the lead was double-digits and I tuned out of that game as well.


Now...the Conference Finals are starting Tuesday night and these stand to be two GREAT matchups. Will Nene, Kenyon Martin, and Birdman be able to contain the Lakers' frontline? Will the Lakers be able to contain the explosiveness of the Nuggets?


How will Big Z, Varejao, and Ben Wallace and the rest of the Cavs frontcourt respond to the athleticism of the Magic? Will the Magic be able to defend The Beast, also known as LeBron James?


The answers will become more apparent after the Game 1s on Tuesday and Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment