6.10.2009

My Favorite Team


Although my blog is Nuggets colors, my favorite NBA team is the New York Knicks. Above is Donnie Walsh, the team president. He is the man responsible for all the changes the Knicks have made in the last year, and I am very satisfied with his work so far.

The team caved in during the second half of the season, but in all honesty, it didn't really matter. Everyone with an interest in the team knew we were rebuilding, we just wanted to see the players playing hard. When the Knicks went 23-59, there were plenty of nights where the team was just going through the motions. As professional athletes making overblown salaries, that type of play is unacceptable.

Now, Isiah Thomas is gone, as are most of main options of his teams. Steph, Jamal Crawford, and Zach Randolph are all on different teams, and if Eddy Curry played this season, Walsh would've found a way to get rid of him too.

During last year's draft lottery, when the Knicks got the 6th pick, I punched the wall. This year, I took the 8th pick easier, because I have faith in the President. I want the Knicks to trade the pick, because outside of the top tier talent (which is slim), I don't think any players are worth it. There's been talk of us moving up, but trading the pick would allow us to avoid signing another player, get rid of a bad contract, and bring in veteran player(s).

In closing, I want to give a shout-out to two people. One is J'Quan because he is a die-hard Knicks fan too. The other is ...







..Gonna be in my next post so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment